Thursday, June 25, 2009



Well... it finally feels like summer. In fact - it's hot. The AC is on (otherwise I'd have to take the skin off). I'm looking out my window at the poor plants... well, at least they aren't sweating.
The illustrations above are inspired by gardening. I should say - my husbands gardening, since I luck that talent and the only way my thumbs can turn green is if I paint them. But I like watching. I like watching people work in their garden. It's hard work, and the results would only last a few month (around here).... but so pretty - people do it anyway.

12 comments:

Carolyn Gavin said...

i love the 1st illo... just beautiful!

Aromula said...

The first time I'm stopping by at this blog: Love at first sight with your wonderful cats!
Ula

Anonymous said...

I like watching people work in general

katy said...

these are great! i love your color combinations.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Sooo cute! The last 1 is my fave - I adore the colours!! Great work :)

illusiveprint.blogspot.com

Melissa G said...

Great detail! I particularly like the cat on the couch.

LittleDoodles said...

they're all so lovely! such great character to them :)

lolly-jolly said...

oh this one with the cat is lovely. the other also but this is my favourite! and you remind me that i have to buy a new flowerpot for my lovely fast-growing flower :)))

chinamommy said...

your blog ALWAYS makes me smile. to say i LOVE your style is a huge understatement. i told my mister the other day- i wish i could have Helen over & she could paint murals on every wall in our house... Ahhhh!
~misschell @ chinamommy

Anthony said...

Hi, Helen!
Your whole style and execution (Off with their heads!) is so fantastical! I'm eating it ALL up, like I haven't eaten in days! But my fave of these three has GOT to be the kitty, sitting pretty in its groovy chair next to that wonderful hanging lamp!

Btw, I discovered you through Veronica Diago's blog. And I'm quite glad I did!

Eva Johansson said...

Love these!!!
You are a great illustrator!

Philippine Real Estate said...

Colorful..